Entrepreneurship is an emotional roller-coaster. Whether you’re a local small business owner and the services you provide your community is what feeds your family, or a bootstrapped tech startup that is quickly burning through its initial cash fund. We all need something to help us keep going. While we recommend action instead of just feel good quotes. Here are some mantras to keep the fire within burning.
10. “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life–think of it,
dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success” —Swami Vivekananda
It’s just an idea. Plan and revolve around it until it consumes you. Make it happen.
9. “The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.” —Bruce Feirstein
We’ve all been there. “Am I having a mental breakdown?”
8. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” —Ray Goforth
Family. Friends. The world. A majority of the world’s population is too afraid to try. Uproot’s advice? Be part of the solution.
7. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” —Mark Caine
We don’t choose what circumstance we are put into. We do have a choice where we will end up a year from now.
6. “When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.” —Audre Lorde
Fear. Use it to your advantage. Make fear push you to make more calls. Attend more networking events. Go above and beyond in customer service.
5. “The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.” —Denis Waitley
Plan. Organize. Execute.
4. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no help at all.” —Dale Carnegie
Go read Dale Carnegie’s books. Go. Now.
3. “For all of the most important things, the timing always sucks. Waiting for a good time to quit your job? The stars will never align and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. “Someday” is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it “eventually,” just do it and correct course along the way.”
― Timothy Ferriss,
The time is now. The time to act is now.
2. “Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80 to 100 hour weeks every week. [This] improves the odds of success. If other people are putting in
40 hour workweeks and you’re putting in 100 hour workweeks, then even if you’re doing the same thing, you know that you will achieve in four months what it takes them a year to achieve.” – Elon Musk
1. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over. – Richard Branson
Why is this so hard to understand? You will fail. You will make mistakes. You must keep on going. Learn on the way there. Fail your way to success.